LOCATION: Portland, OR
SALARY: $45,000 – $55,000
Assists the Executive Director to direct the organization. Manages day-to-day operations and executes key program areas. This position is a leadership role offering significant opportunity for impact.
Operations Management – Oversees and manages core operations and administrative systems for the organization’s state office. This includes:
- Executive Support – Works closely with the Executive Director to support implementation of the organization’s work. Provides administrative and scheduling support and assists with other executive support tasks as needed.
- Fundraising Support – Assists organizational fundraising & donor relations. Schedules donor meetings; assists with donor communications; coordinates donation receipt & acknowledgement; coordinates fundraising events, and/or manages volunteers to fulfill these functions.
- Administrative/Technology Oversight – Maintains the office, supplies, equipment & technology, helps support web maintenance and e-activism, and/or manages volunteers to fulfill these functions.
- Volunteer & Intern Coordination – Recruits, motivates, trains and supervises a team of Common Cause volunteers and interns to bring leadership, expertise, varied skills and people power to our work.
Program Leadership – Executes key programs & strategies aimed at advancing a more inclusive, representative, open, and accountable democracy. This includes:
- Coalition Building – Works with the Executive Director to build & engage coalitions. Provides staff support for coalition work. Represents the organization in coalition spaces.
- Grassroots Engagement – Drives online & offline organizing; channels membership and broader public engagement to have effective impact.
- Advocacy & Campaigns – Assists the Executive Director & allies to develop strategies & campaigns to advance reforms. Manages coalition and grassroots implementation. Engages members in grassroots lobbying, testimony, media work, and other campaign activities.
- Research & Policy – Conducts research and/or manages volunteer research. Works with experts & stakeholders to help identify options for reforms.
Experience, education, and technical proficiency:
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and basic social media tools is needed.
- Attention to detail, timelines & deliverables is essential.
- A background in and passion for democracy issues.
Ideal candidate will have/are:
- Demonstrated ability to work in a culturally competent manner to broker interests & develop shared vision among diverse stakeholders, and to represent organizational interests with sound judgment & professionalism.
- Direct experience managing operations or programs for organizations working to advance a public interest agenda would be a strong asset but is not required.
- An excellent communicator, able to write clearly, succinctly and persuasively, with an ear for varied audiences and nuanced messaging.
- Candidates who are committed to Common Cause’s mission and have transferable skills will be considered.
- Excellent interpersonal abilities, with capacity to recruit, motivate, delegate, supervise, bring together, and foster teamwork.
You’ll thrive if you have/are:
- A “can do” attitude and exceptional organizational skills, with a strong capacity to manage systems, projects & people.
EQUITY & INCLUSION:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Common Cause is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion throughout the organization and believes strongly in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce.
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements(optional) to Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org and include PROGRAM & OPERATIONS MANAGER – OREGON in the subject line; or fax to 202.355.7546. No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Applications without a Cover Letter will not be considered.