ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The Campaigns and Development Manager will work with the Executive Director on Transparency Issues, and other CCMD policy issues as needed, and will implement outreach and research plans for assignments. The Campaigns and Development Manager will also manage CCMD Cause nets, research development prospects, and set up meetings, and coordinate organizational events.
- Research and Policy Development: Work with Executive Director to develop a transparency research agenda, perform research and surveys, produce reports, and position papers to support CCMD transparency and Our Democracy 2022 campaigns. Work with the Executive Director to review and draft legislation and amendments as needed.
- Advocacy: Work with the Executive Director on transparency and Our Democracy campaigns by managing policy priorities, assisting with lobbying local and state government agencies, and creating materials for public outreach on policies.
- Outreach and Engagement: Develop and implement a grassroots strategy in support of transparency and Our Democracy 2022 campaigns utilizing social media, communication through emails and blogs, and direct outreach to CCMD members and the public through events. Coordinate CCMD’s Causenet outreach.
- Fundraising and Administrative: Research development prospects, set up meetings for the Executive Director, and coordinate fundraising and other events. Perform organizational administrative tasks as required.
- 7-9 years’ experience working in strategic communications.
- Experience in strategic communications, media relations, social media, TV/Radio booking; long-form publication/production pitches.
- Strong writing and editing skills with accuracy and speed being highly valued.
- Knowledge of congressional or state legislative operations and political campaigns preferred.
- Experience understanding, developing, and interpreting public opinion data, framing research, and the essential function of translating complex public policy issues into narratives and stories that connect voters with common values, connect people, and connect to tools that help advocates win.
- Ability to work in close collaboration with others, but also independently, and with remote management and colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and perform a variety of tasks, solve problems, and prevent them when possible.
- Well organized and attentive to detail.
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural competency, including the ability to work effectively with those belonging to groups of diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, religion, language, ability, age, and socioeconomic status.
- Commitment to Common Cause objectives.
- This Position is remote through 2022.
EQUITY & INCLUSION: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Common Cause is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion throughout the organization and believes strongly in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce.
SALARY RANGE: $53,000 – $60,000; plus, a generous benefits package
TO APPLY: Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to the Director of Human Resources at email@example.com and include Campaigns and Development Manager (MD) in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Covid-19 vaccines are required, except were prohibited by law. Reasonable accommodations will be provided when required by law.
This position is included in a union-represented collective bargaining unit, and specific employment terms and conditions are subject to collective bargaining negotiations
ABOUT COMMON CAUSE: Common Cause (501(c)(4)) and Common Cause Education Fund (501(c)(3)) are nonpartisan, nonprofit grassroots affiliate organizations dedicated to upholding the core values of American democracy. We work to create open, honest, and accountable government that serves the public interest; promote equal rights, opportunity, and representation for all; and empower all people to make their voices heard in the political process.
Founded in 1970 and headquartered in Washington, DC, Common Cause has more than 1.2 million members (about the population of New Hampshire) and supporters living in every Congressional district in the United States, and offices in 30 states around the country.
Common Cause is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants of any race, creed, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, income class, political affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status, as well as applicants who have been previously incarcerated.