Our democracy was made by and for We, the People. We can preserve and strengthen it only if enough of us are involved There are so many ways to take action, but here are a few we reccomend:
- Join the Common Cause Action Team! Members of the Action Team lead volunteer teams, phonebank, organize meetings and house parties, write blog posts, and assist on digital campaigns. We’ll plug you into the most urgent campaigns in your community and across the country.
- Get involved in statewide campaigns. Whether you are in California or Georgia, there are important efforts that need your support and attention. Get in touch with the Common Cause office in your state here.
- Get trained with People’s Lobby. This program will guide you through a training program, a sample campaign plan, and a mentorship program to get personal coaching from Common Cause experts.
- Pressure your federal representatives to represent the pro-democracy values in your community.
- Go to your Member of Congress’ town hall to demand a defense of policies and programs with your local group
- Schedule an In-Office Visit with your representative to discuss important democracy reforms
- Coordinate blanket calling of congressional offices at key moments
Millions of Americans are rising up across the country to protect our democratic values. By following the above steps you can join the ranks of Common Cause members who are committed to a democracy that works for all of us.