Take action with Common Cause Illinois
Everyday things you can do to stay active in our democracy
Tens of thousands of Illinoisans have already joined our movement as supporters of Common Cause. If you would like to join them in standing up for our democracy and holding power accountable, here are some first steps that you can take to get involved.
1. Join our Action Team: Be part of the movement of supporters fighting for voting rights, getting big money out of politics, and holding power accountable. Members of the Action Team lead volunteer teams, phonebank, organize meetings, and assist on digital campaigns. When you fill out the form, we'll contact you and plug you into the most urgent campaigns in our state.
2. Defend pro-democracy values in your community:
3. Form small, dedicated groups that are locally focused: This allows you to communicate frequently with other activists and your representatives. In this era, we must focus our time and resources on preventing anti-democracy policies as our main priority.
4. Take action on your own: Representatives have strong incentives to serve their constituents well if they want to win reelection. However, making your voice heard takes effort. Representatives are more likely to pay attention to an in-person visit than to a phone call or email. Other ways to keep up to date with your elected officials include:
Participate in Our Campaigns
Click on the links below to take action supporting our campaigns on the issues of Money in Politics and Voting Rights.
- Join our efforts to protect and expand voting rights in Illinois and across the country.
Money in Politics
- Get involved in our campaigns to get big money out of politics through Fair Elections throughout the state.