Increased citizen participation in the lawmaking and electoral process makes for a more robust democracy. Common Cause Hawaii is working hard to advocate for reform measures that will modernize and streamline our voting systems. Here are several voting modernization efforts we support:
- Automatic Voter Registration
- Vote By Mail
- Implementing Late Voter Registration (begins in 2018)
- Establishing a performance evaluation of the Chief Elections Officer
- Implementing Ranked Choice Voting
- Online Voter Registration
Importance of Voting and ways to Register.
Video by Jae Yun Ham, Punahou student.