Reducing special interest money's influence in politics has been a signature issue for Common Cause Hawaii. We've been working to:
- Implement Small Donor Matching Program (publicly-funded elections)
- Strengthen financial reporting requirements and the frequency of reports for candidates, non-candidate committees, and super PACs.
- Increase awareness about campaign finance issues. Learn more here:
- Campaign Finance History
- Campaign Finance Terms and Frequently Asked Questions
- McCutcheon v. FEC Frequently Asked Questions
- Hawaii's Small Donor Matching Program (Public Financing) Frequently Asked Questions
- Overturn Citizens United. Watch the short video below to learn more about the history of Citizens United.