ALERT: Citizens' Election Program is under attack. Please take action to support this vital program!
Ever since we helped establish it in 2005, the Citizens' Election Program has helped ensure more competitive elections, and a more diverse and representative legislature in Hartford. The Connecticut General Assembly passed the Citizens' Election Program and an opportunity to run for office without being beholden to special interests was born. Currently anyone seeking statewide office may apply for a grant from the state after raising enough qualifying contributions. The Citizens' Election Program has more than proved its worth, and the vast majority of candidates for State Representative, State Senate, and Constitutional office run "clean."
Learn more about Connecticut's Citizens' Election Program:
- Download our flyer on the Citizens' Election Program.
- Read an OpEd in the Hartford Courant regarding the need to protect the Citizens' Election Program.
- Read the letter sent by 22 public interest organizations (including Common Cause in Connecticut) to Gov. Malloy on the need to preserve the CEP, sent in September, 2017.
- Read our September, 2017 news release on calling on Gov. Malloy to veto the budget bill to protect the CEP.
- Read more about the CEP on the Connecticut State Election Enforcement Commission.