- Oppose media concentration of ownership by fewer and fewer corporations.
- Encourage higher standards in locally produced news and public affairs programming.
- Preserve funding for community media, public education and government access to airwaves.
- Monitor corporate media and regulatory bodies to ensure broadcasters meet public interest obligations.
- Increase awareness of public rights-of-way to public airwaves and the world wide web.
- Advocate for political balance in media coverage and talk radio.