ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Assists the Executive Director to lead the organization. Supports program implementation. Manages operations.
- Program Implementation – Supports implementation of key programs & strategies aimed at advancing a more inclusive, representative, open, and accountable democracy. This includes:
- Research & Policy – Conducts and/or coordinates research. Works with experts & stakeholders to help identify options for reforms.
- Advocacy & Campaigns –Assists the Executive Director & allies to develop strategies & campaigns to advance reforms. Manages coalition and grassroots volunteer work to implement.
- Coalition Building – Works with the Executive Director to build & engage coalitions. Provides staff support for coalition work.
- Grassroots Engagement – Manages implementation of online & offline organizing; channels engagement to have effective impact.
- Operations Management – Manages core operations and administrative systems for the organization. This includes:
- Executive Support – Works closely with the Executive Director to support implementation of the organization’s work. Provides administrative and scheduling support, and assists with other executive support tasks as needed.
- Communication Support – Supports organizational communication. Assists the Executive Director to research & respond to press inquiries; maintains press contacts & records; manages a schedule of online updates, e-activism, and web maintenance; manages phone & email contact; and drafts & edits content.
- Fundraising Support – Supports organizational fundraising & donor relations. Schedules donor meetings; assists with donor communications; coordinates donation receipt & acknowledgement; and works with volunteers to organize annual signature fundraiser.
- Administrative Oversight – Handles a light load of other administrative tasks, including record-keeping and upkeep of supplies and office equipment.
- Volunteer Coordination – Recruits, motivates, and supervises a team of Common Cause volunteers to bring leadership, expertise, varied skills and people power to our work.
QUALIFICATIONS: This position requires exceptional organizational skills, with a strong capacity to manage systems, projects & people. Attention to detail, timelines and deliverables is essential. The applicant must be an excellent communicator, able to write clearly, succinctly and persuasively, with an ear for varied audiences and nuanced messaging. The applicant must also have excellent interpersonal abilities, with the capacity to recruit, motivate, delegate, supervise, bring together, and foster teamwork. This includes a demonstrated ability to work in a culturally competent manner to broker interests & develop shared vision among diverse stakeholders, and to represent organizational interests with sound judgment & professionalism. A working knowledge of Word, Excel, and basic social media tools is needed.
PLUSES: The ideal candidate would have familiarity with and passion for democracy issues, as well as familiarity with organizations & communities relevant to Common Cause’s work. Direct experience providing program and operations management for organizations working to advance a public interest agenda would be a strong asset, but is not required. Candidates who are committed to Common Cause’s mission and have transferable skills will be considered.
SALARY RANGE: $30,000 - $45,000
TO APPLY: Please submit resume and cover letter to Director of Human Resources at email@example.com and include PROGRAM & OPERATIONS MANAGER - OREGON in the subject line; or fax to 202.355.7546. No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Common Cause is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, creed, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, party or political affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any illegal or prohibited factor.