ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Common Cause Massachusetts has an immediate opening for a full-time Field Organizer. We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated individual to join our efforts to pass Automatic Voter Registration (AVR) legislation in Massachusetts. The position will center around recruiting and motivating supporters to contact their local elected officials in support of AVR.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The field organizer will work closely with coalition partners, working to enlist their membership along with the membership of Common Cause MA to set up meetings, write emails, and make phone calls to a target list of priority legislators. Other activities could include securing letters to the editor, helping enlist grasstops leaders to the cause, and more.
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate will have the following skills and abilities:
- Commitment to Common Cause objectives
- Demonstrated experience in recruiting, motivating, and training volunteers.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in grassroots organizing or a related field.
- Grassroots lobbying experience, including working with volunteers to produce constituent contacts is strongly desired.
- Attention to measurable results.
- Ability to be a team player and work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Strong work ethic and time management skills
- Prior experience working on issues of relevance to democracy reform is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Working knowledge of social media-i.e., Facebook and Twitter
TO APPLY: Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Director of Human Resources at email@example.com and include FIELD ORGANIZER - MASSACHUSETTS in the subject line; or fax to 202.355.7546. No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Common Cause is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, creed, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, party or political affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any illegal or prohibited factor.