ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Common Cause New Mexico is seeking a campaign manager to coordinate a campaign that will improve our public financing system in Albuquerque. Under the direction of the CCNM Executive Director and the steering committee, the Campaign Manager will work with consultants, campaign vendors, campaign staff, and staff and leadership of supporting partner organizations to execute a comprehensive campaign plan and lobby for placing a question on the 2018 general ballot.
The Campaign Manager will implement outreach, education and GOTV plans for an Albuquerque ballot initiative in the fall of 2018 to update the public financing system. The Manager will work with coalition partners, and will report regularly to the CCNM Executive Director. This is a one year contract position that will begin as soon as possible. Create a 3, 6, and 12-month work plan to include specific deliverables related to each area of responsibility.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Manager will oversee the day-to-day aspects of the campaign plan, including:
- Ensure effective communication and coordination between all elements of the campaign.
- Update the strategic campaign plan as necessary - as these plans are updated, a new copy will be shared with all coalition members and the CCNM ED.
- Engage grass-top and political leaders as stakeholders in support of the campaign.
- Garner grassroots support for reforms by mobilizing members and the public.
- Work with steering committee to develop and execute a voter contact field plan.
- Engage coalition partners and develop new ones - create a list of all current coalition members and a list of new possible members.
- Develop and run trainings for staff and coalition partners.
- Coordinate GOTV activities with steering committee - this includes a specified number of meetings with stakeholders and partners on a weekly and monthly basis - reports will be submitted to the CCNM ED each week.
- Work with partner organizations on signature gathering efforts - progress reports to be submitted on a weekly basis and provided to all coalition members and the CCNM ED.
- Develop and execute polling and focus groups with steering committee.
- Identify and manage earned media and social media opportunities – create a list of all current media opportunities, and develop new options. A shared document will be kept and maintained of all earned media.
- Plan events to educate the public and decision-makers about improving public financing – including promoting the event, finding a location, working with the media, meetings with partner groups, engaging elected officials and encouraging the public to attend.
- Recruit volunteers and develop community leaders around campaign - a detailed shared document will be created and maintained to list all engaged volunteers with the status of their outreach and schedules. Another shared document will be created to list all engaged community leaders as well as a list of all potential leaders for continued outreach.
- Ensure all measured finance committee reporting is completed accurately and on time to the City of Albuquerque Clerk.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and abilitie
- 5+ years’ experience in policy or electoral campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability to engage grassroots constituencies, speak and write compellingly about policy issues, and implement a campaign plan.
- Familiarity with the Albuquerque City Council.
- Commitment to the public interest and Common Cause’s mission.
- Experience targeting and turning out likely voters.
- Experience managing staff and volunteers.
- Excellent speaking, writing, presentation, and critical analysis skills.
- Experience managing coalitions.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage competing, time-sensitive priorities in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong political instincts
- Working knowledge and proficiency with social media tools including Facebook and Twitter; proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated leadership and organizing ability. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently in a deadline-driven environment with competing priorities.
- Flexible, self-starter, and multi-tasker.
TO APPLY: Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org and include CAMPAIGN MANAGER – NEW MEXICO in the subject line; or fax to 202.355.7546. No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Common Cause is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, creed, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, party or political affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any illegal or prohibited factor.